In a patient whose HRCT shows a UIP-like pattern, the following main differential diagnoses have to be considered:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- Connective tissue disease associated interstitial lung disease (CTD-ILD)
- Drug induced interstitial lung disease
- Chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Familial interstitial pneumonias (eg Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome)
- Hobbs S, Lynch, D. The idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: an update and review. Radiol Clin N Am. 2014;52:105–120.
- Sverzellati N. Highlights of HRCT imaging in IPF. Respiratory Research. 2013;14(Suppl1):S3